Our Introduction to Data Protection programme is designed to introduce all staff to key data protection concepts.
Suitable for all staff, it is designed to be equivalent to a half-day workshop.
The contents covers:
- The principles of data protection;
- Selecting the correct legal basis for processing personal information;
- The categories of personal information regarded as especially sensitive;
- The rights that data subjects have in respect of their personal information;
- The threats to the personal information; and
- The precautions needed to keep personal information safe;
The materials provide opportunities for self-reflection or discussions with a mentor.
The programme includes a learning diary to help learners retain what they have learnt.
Learners completing the programme can obtain a certificate by completing the online assessment